- Successful completion of the course results in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills
- Our Volunteer Listener Training program involves 54 hours of classroom instruction provided over the course of 12 weeks and over one full weekend.
- 12 Week – hybrid training (virtual and in-person), followed by one-on-one training in our call room to become an onsite listener
- Fall 2021 sessions: Tuesday mornings - September 21st - December 14th from 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Training includes Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST); 15 hour certification course held over a full weekend from 8:30am-4:30pm on December 4th & 5th, 2021.
- All applicants must be fully vaccinated
- Cost – $299.00
The course includes dynamic and interactive presentations by guest experts in active listening, grief recovery, mental health issues and suicide intervention. You will develop the ability to listen actively, assess the needs of someone in crisis and provide empathy and support.
Volunteer Listener Training is taught by trainers who are long-time listeners and nationally certified instructors in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training.
To learn more about or to register for Volunteer Listener Training, please contact us.