- Our Volunteer Listener Training program involves 52 hours of classroom instruction provided over the course of 12 weeks and over one full weekend.
- 12 Week – hybrid training (virtual and in-person), is followed by one-on-one training in our call room to become an onsite listener
- Spring 2022 sessions: Tuesday evenings - March 22nd - June 14th from 6:30pm - 9:30pm
- Training includes Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST); 15 hour certification course held over a full weekend from 8:30am-4:30pm on June 4th & 5th, 2022. You must attend both days.
- At least part of the training will be in person in Westfield, NJ. Please check to make sure you are comfortable with the travel time to the call center
- All applicants must be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination.
- Cost – $299.00
The course includes dynamic and interactive presentations by guest experts in active listening, grief recovery, mental health issues and suicide intervention. You will develop the ability to listen actively, assess the needs of someone in crisis and provide empathy and support.
Volunteer Listener Training is taught by trainers who are long-time listeners and nationally certified instructors in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training.
To learn more about or to register for Volunteer Listener Training, please contact us.