Teenage Suicide Prevention
Designed for anyone who works with or cares about children and teens, including parents, teachers, guidance counselors, school nurses, coaches and youth leaders
Hotline Awareness• Help demystify the hotline by explaining what it’s like to call.
• Hear stories from the hotline so teens are more comfortable calling themselves.
• Explain the various services we provide to broaden teens’ understanding of the hotline as a resource when they or one of their friends is in emotional distress.
• Empower teens to look out for themselves and each other and know they are not alone.
• No Charge for group sessions. (No minimum/maximum participants. Group size may vary.)
Teen Suicide Awareness and Intervention• Identify the risk factors of children/teens at risk of suicide.
• Open a dialogue about suicide with children and teens.
• Develop the skills to support youth in emotional distress; actively listening, asking directly about suicide and intervening when needed.
• Access to suicide prevention resources.
This clear and powerful training is designed to develop skills and confidence, empowering participants to help save lives. The training was designed by a Master ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills) Trainer, and fully complies with NJSA 18A:6-111 requiring all public school teaching staff members to complete two hours of instruction in suicide prevention.
$500 per group session. (No minimum/maximum participants. Group size may vary.)
To learn more about or to register for Learning to Prevent Teenage Suicide, please contact us.